Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Bird Bath filled with Sedum & Succulents

I've had this bird bath for years.  I never fill it with water  because I fear it will be a breeding zone for mosquitos.  I finally found a purpose for it.  Sedum and Succulents! These plants are so popular among gardeners this year.  I am happy to have found this trend!  

Sedum and Succulents need very little attention.  You can plant them where there is very little water and abundant sunshine.  Make sure the sedum or succulents you plant are hardy in your zone.  Most are hardy from zone 3-9. Sedum varies in height from just a few inches tall to 3 feet tall. Although they are generally used as ground cover, the trend of the year is to plant them in containers.  I've seen them planted in wagons, strawberry pots, buckets, pails, terra cotta pots, and wooden boxes.  I can't wait to post pictures of my wooden box.  I got it for Mother's Day.  I need to find the perfect place for it before I take pictures.  

No comments:

Post a Comment