Wednesday, June 27, 2012

CRAZY DAISY and RUDBECKIA

How can anyone resist daisies?  They are just such a cheery flower.  They make me smile.  The scientific name for daisies is Asteraceae.  This particular plant family is important to us for many reasons.  Some of these plants provide us with cooking oils, lettuce, sunflower seeds, sweetening agents and teas.   Echinaceae and Achillea are used in herbal medicine.  Dandelions are a type of Asteraceae as well! 

So this isn't the best looking Daisy but it's my favorite photo of the day.   This CRAZY DAISY reminded me of a bad hair day.  (I think my hair looks this way all summer!)
But still....... beautiful! 

I believe these next yellow flowers are some type of Rudbeckia.  Rudbeckias come in a variety of colors and are easy to grow.  They love full sun and are drought tolerant.


Just look how this one is enjoying the morning sunshine!

No comments:

Post a Comment